The strength and local character of the land, reflected in a building
This is a reconstruction and relocation plan for a core hospital that protects health and life. The tone of the exterior is set by brick and brick-like tile.
Horizontality is emphasized by elements such as broad eaves of Awaji tile and balconies on the high-rise section. The interior uses timber grown in the prefecture, to produce a warm and caring interior.
- Medical and Welfare Facilities
- Providing Safe and Secure Buildings
- Sustainable Architecture
- The 16th Public Buildings Award, Award for Excellence
- Japan Prestressed Concrete Institute’s 2013 Award
- AIJ Selected Architectural Designs, 2015
- Hyogo Prefecture
- Sumoto-shi, Hyogo
- Precast prestressed concrete, partly steel structure
- Number of floors
- 8 above-ground levels
- Total Floor Area
- March 2013
- Building Use
- Design and supervision: Hyogo Prefecture Land Development Department, Housing Construction Bureau, Building and Repairs Section, Equipment Section, Yasui Architects and Engineers, Inc.
- Photo Credit
- SS Co., Ltd. Hiroyuki Tsuda