Boosting the city with strategic redevelopment / International exchange center connecting Japan with the world
This is a large-scale complex development project which aims to function as a “gate” international business center that bridges Japan to the world inside the Toranomon area, the most concentrated development district in Tokyo. It is also the first project certified by the Prime Minister of Japan as “Architecture project for the national strategic urban development” in the national strategic special zone.
The project offers new values to the workplaces that maximize the creativity of people and workers, thus creating innovation.
Camphor tree of more than 100-year-old was transplanted to the planned 5,000m2 green park and biotope where emphasis was put on biodiversity. New roads and improvement of existing surrounding roads, development of pedestrian network connecting the complex to the existing underground pass and subway station, enhancement of comprehensive support facilities for foreign residents are some examples that contribute to Tokyo’s progress in the global competitiveness. Also, city-scale environmental measures such as establishing DHC (District Heating and Cooling) sub-plant, BCP during disasters, and district cooperation-based community disaster prevention measures are reinforced.
High-quality global brand hotel, TOKYO EDITION, TORANOMON on the upper floors raises the level of hospitality of the area.
- Office Buildings
- Commercial Facilities
- Hotel and Resorts Facilities
- Residential and Urban Redevelopment
- Urban Development
- Providing Safe and Secure Buildings
- The 2021 CFT Structure Award
- Mori Trust Co., Ltd.
- Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Steel, partly steel reinforced concrete, and reinforced concrete structure
- Number of floors
- 38 above-ground levels, 3 basement level
- Total Floor Area
- March 2020
- Building Use
- Office, commercial facility, housing, hotel, conference facility, lifestyle support facility, industrial development facility, shrine, etc.
- Basic design, design for execution supervision, administrative supervision of construction: Yasui Architects and Engineers, Inc.
Design for execution, supervision: Shimizu Corporation
Basic design, design for execution, supervision: Kenchiku Setsubi Sekkei Kenkyusho
- Photo Credit
- Mori Trust Co., Ltd.